We have all been there – it’s that time of the month, we’ve been eating the junkiest foods, or just having a major hormonal imbalance that causes the peskiest blemishes. If you don’t want to risk putting cold potato juice on your face, (hey…some of us love those good old home remedies) and want to get real results REAL fast because you have that special event coming up or a date with your new boo, then here are 10 acne spot treatments proven to zap them bad boys away. From drugstore brands (under $20) to splurge products, check out these spot treatment, skincare products for your acne problems. (image via getty images)
1. SAVE: No7 Beautiful Skin Rapid Blemish Rescue – A product that can be used on clean skin or over makeup gives immediate results within 2 hours of use with ingredients such as licorice (helps to soothe the skin) and Salicylic Acid. For best results: Apply directly onto blemishes as soon as they appear. Repeat application until the blemish has disappeared. $11.99
2. SAVE: Burt’s Bees Natural Acne Solutions – The well known earth-friendly brand Burt’s Bees provides beauty havens like us with an affordable acne blemish treatment made with tea tree, calendula, yarrow, and parsley extracts which all helps to soothe skin. You should see results results for those pesky pimples within 48 hours. Gotta love that. This targeted acne treatment goes on easy and also contains salicylic acid, derived naturally from willow bark, to penetrate clogged pores, reduce acne and help prevent future breakouts. $7.98
3. SAVE: Mario Badescu Drying Lotion – This acne spot treatment has been around for ages and can be claimed by many as their holy grail product for blemishes. A product that is safe for all skin types, it is formulated with salicylic acid, calamine and other quick-drying ingredients. This product claims to shrink ugly whiteheads virtually overnight while you sleep. And for a brand like Mario Badescu, this only costs $17!
4. SAVE: Nexcare Acne Absorbing Covers – An over-night, non-drying spot treatment gets the best reviews for its results. Made in Taiwan, this covered spot treatment works like a sponge by absorbing pus and oil. Another cool feature of this spot treatment is the color change in your cover; once the color changes to white that means it has absorbed all of the oily secretion. This online product costs only $7.99.
5. SAVE: Clean & Clear Advantage Mark Treatment – Clean & Clear’s unique formula with Glycolic Acid promotes gentle surface skin turnover, improves skin’s clarity and diminishes the appearance of post-acne marks. (from website) This product isn’t a dab on the spot treatment, but instead an all over the face application. You can apply to the face up to 3 times a day for effective results. Ingredients include Salicylic Acid. $7.99
6. SPLURGE: Renee Rouleau Night Time Spot Lotion – Renée Rouleau is a celebrity esthetician with 25 years of experience. Her acne spot treatment may be a tad bit pricey but word on the street is, it’s all worth every penny. With camphor (drying agent), sulfur antiseptic/anti-bacterial), and zinc oxide, it helps to give you a clear face without irritation. This lotion’s other uses are for mosquito and ant bites – alleviates itching, swelling and redness. $30.50
7. SPLURGE: Kate Somerville EradiKate Acne Treatment – To be honest, I almost recommended Kate Somerville’s On-the-go Acne spot treatment of this same version but after reading the poor reviews and remembering that it wasn’t that effective for me either, I decided to go with her original bottle instead. For half the price, this product is an effective blemish-banishing acne treatment that fights pimples, zits, and future breakouts. AHAs are designed to reduce the appearance of enlarged pores while zinc oxide, a natural mineral, provides oil control by absorbing excess sebum production. The result is clear skin that lasts. (from Sephora) $26
8. SPLURGE: Peter Thomas Roth Max Complexion Correction Pads – All hail to easy-to-use cleansing pads like these from PTR. A no fuss and quick correction pad helps to cleanse skin, clear up blackheads, refine pores, and reduce the appearance of fine lines. This product also helps in supporting natural cell turnover for those who are in the anti-aging stages of skincare. $40
9. SPLURGE: Dr. Sebagh Spot-on – An anti-inflammatory treatment that you can take on the go (Hello! Who doesn’t love something you can throw in your purse) is proven to fight spots and dry out blemishes while soothing redness and tightening pores thanks to a purifying blend of Zinc and Vitamin B derivatives. This product works for all skin types. $55